Moray Rugby Club MORAY R.F.C
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC
  • Moray RFC

Moray Rugby Club


Senior Squads Training
6:30pm each Tuesday/Thursday
U13/U14 Training
6:30pm each Tuesday
Registration Day/RBS Rugbyforce Day
10am on 18th August 2019

MRFC Calendar

Photo Gallery

News Article

Sat 24th Sep 2022
Moray continued the good form of the previous week and comprehensively defeated North Police Scotland by 80 points to 10 in their latest Tennentís Caledonia North Region League Division 2 fixture in Aberdeen.

In the 3rd minute, Moray opened the scoring. A drive by the forwards, from inside their 22, tied in the home team forwards and put the defence of the back foot. The ball was set at a ruck and moved quickly right to centre Connor McWilliam who dummied the outside pass and sprinted to score under the posts. Stand-off Rory Millar converted for 0-7.

Seven minutes later, they added a second. Clean ball was taken at a line-out on their own 10 metre line and moved to prop Mark Taylor at first receiver. He drove straight at the back line and set up ruck ball. Scrum-half Cameron Ireland quickly moved the ball left to Millar who chipped the defence before regathering and scoring. He added the conversion for 0-14.

In the 14th minute, centre Cameron Hughes ripped ball in a tackle on half-way and moved the ball wide to wing Lewis Hay who showed great pace to outstrip the defence to score his first senior try. Millar made it 0-21 by adding the extras.

The bonus point try came before the end of the first quarter. A line-out was taken, opened and then driven up the middle to a ruck. Quick hands released Hay out wide to score his second for a 28-point lead when Millar added the conversion.

In the 28th minute, a similar attacking line was taken, driven and set before this time being opened left to wing Lewis Scott to bulldoze his way through 3 defenders to score an unconverted try for 0-33.

Five minutes later, a Police attack was turned over in the 22 and immediately the visitors looked to run the ball. Scott charged up the left wing before stepping inside the last man and scoring his second under the posts. Millar made it 0-40 with the extras.

In the final 3 minutes of the half, the Elgin side added two more tries for a half time score of 0-52. The first came from quick thinking at a penalty on the half-way line when a tap was taken and ball moved wide. McWilliam received the ball on the wing and had enough room and pace to go round the last man and score his second, a try converted by Millar. From the restart, second-row Hugh MacRae gathered the ball before driving back at the defenders. He set ball which was opened quickly wide to Scott who grubbered through before recollecting and scoring his third, an unconverted try.

Four minutes into the second half, Scott added his 4th try of the afternoon. A scrum was taken against the head on the half-way and driven. The home side gave away a penalty at the ensuing ruck. A quick tap penalty was taken and moved left to the wing who barged his way over for the score. Millar added the conversion for 0-59.

In the 51st minute, the Aberdeen side were defending inside their 22 and sliced a clearance kick. Hay gathered and ran the ball back to a ruck. No 8 Connor Cameron received ball from the ruck and he drove to 10 metres out before setting it up. Ball was moved quickly to the left to McWilliam to score his 3rd try, Millar added the extras for 0-66.

A penalty for a high tackle was given against the Police in the visitors 22 in the 67th minute and quickly scrum-half Gregor Hands took a tap and ran. Faced with a line of defence, he chipped the ball towards the goal-line. As the ball rolled over the line, he was in a foot race with the home full-back and in the final act of touching the ball down he managed to get his hand on the ball in front of the defender to score the try. Millar added the extras for 0-73.

Four minutes later, North Police put their first points on the board when they scored an unconverted try, for 5-73, after a number of forward drives at the line

In the 74th minute, the Elgin side added their 12th and final try of the game. Cameron snapped up loose ball in the opposition 22 and drove to a ruck. Ball was moved from the base to centre Cameron Hughes who handed off his opposite number to score. Millar added his 10th conversion of the afternoon for 5-80.

North Police scored the final try off the afternoon when their full-back managed to get past the defence and score an unconverted try for a final score of 10-80.

It had been a good all-round display by the team with some excellent and clinical finishing. The forwards were dominant in the tight at the line and scrum and put in a great driving display in the loose creating holes in the opposition defence and providing great ball and opportunities for the backs. The backs were strong in defence and made great use of the ball by putting width, pace and power into attacks in scoring 12 tries.

This Saturday, Moray are at home to Banff.

Back to News

Caledonia 2 North

(2021/22 Results)
Aberdeenshire 12 46
Highland 2nd XV 11 46
Moray 12 40
Ross Sutherland 10 22
Banff 12 19
Mackie 10 10
Aberdeen Grammar 2nd XV 9 1

Last 1st XV Game

1st XV Season (2021/22)
Banff 33 - 39 Moray
5th Mar 22 - KO: 15:00
Venue: Duff House

Next 1st XV Game

Sponsored by:

Moray Rugby Football Club is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), Scottish Charity number: SC051430